Do we want clean linens? Well, if online search is an indication, then yes of course we do. There are over 54,300,000 searches for “clean hotel linens.” A recent advertisement for a hotel on TripAdvisor promoted not just a clean room but adequate and clean towels every day.
If hotels, spas, medical facilities, and massage businesses are to provide quality linen service, following are some recommendations:
- Quality matters. The higher the cotton content, the better.
- Hire a reputable laundry service that uses commercial quality equipment.
- Linens, when dried, should be folded immediately and allowed to rest overnight. Yes, rest. The rest allows linens to iron itself and become wrinkle-free. Most dirty linen complaints come from what guests believe is dirty, but it is just wrinkled.
- Linens should never be placed on the floor. The floor soils linen and contributes to wear and tear.
- Keep a reliable inventory. An adequate linen stock is essential for an efficient operation.